Thursday, May 30, 2013

I found this on my Facebook wall this morning! Post from Mercury News, San Jose!

Milpitas hills producer helps San Jose vocalist advance career
Milpitas Post Staff
Posted:   05/29/2013 02:52:48 PM PDT

On the heels of the release of her newest single "Part-time Princess," vocalist and songwriter Monique DeMoulin of San Jose has also signed with Larchfork Publishing and Rock Garden Conspiracy LLC/Gold Pan Records as their newest recording artist.

DeMoulin, a disc jockey ("Missy D") for Jam City America, credits her original song "Part-time Princess" as the turning point of her career. It was produced by Grammy-winning producer Bill Hare, who lives in the Milpitas hills.

"This is such an exciting year for me," DeMoulin said. "With the independent release of 'Part-time Princess' on iTunes and cdbaby.com, everything started to shift. I went to NAMM with my single in hand, my tiara in place and my dream in focus, and this part-time princess was determined to fully live her dream and I met Rick Tucker from Rock Garden Conspiracy, became a part of Jam City America, my song 'Part-time Princess' was opted to be used in a short film ('The Adventures of Shelby'), and before long, I signed on with Rock Garden/Gold Pan Records."

DeMoulin's current projects include her first EP, featuring her rendition of "Have I Told You," as well as original song, "The Box," a collaboration between DeMoulin and Tucker. Other songs in development include "Sober," "Slow Burn" and "Walk Away."

The EP will also include a duet with DeMoulin and Tucker on the song, "Sweet Memories."

DeMoulin is busy writing and working in the studio, and outside of that, performs with The Monique DeMoulin band.

No comments:

Post a Comment